Monday, January 2, 2012

2012. Here’s hoping the Mayans were wrong.

Way back in 2009 (or was it 2008?) Ashley and I made a pact. The deal? 2011 was to be a year unlike any other, a year so utterly off the chain that entire decades on either side would weep with envy—The Year of ShanAsh. And it really was. Africa. China. Southeast Asia. New Zealand. We packed in a lot. But now that the curtains have closed on 2011 and 2012 has tentatively begun to stretch its legs, I can’t help but wonder, “What’s next?”

Well, for two weeks I’ll be roadtripping around the North Island in Manuel with my good friend Laurale. And after that…honestly, I have no idea. More tramping. More roadtrips. More New Zealand. And then the long journey home. But where, exactly, is home? I guess only the Year of the Dragon can answer that one.

2 comments:

  1. Says Meagan while reading post [and this is a direct quote]: "'Where exactly is home?'...'Where is home'?!?! Oh you KNOW where your home is, Bitch!"

    I think she is scared of losing you forever.

    ReplyDelete